North American QSO Party, RTTY - February Call: WF7T Operator(s): WF7T Station: WF7T Class: Single Op LP QTH: TN Operating Time (hrs): 10 Radios: SO2R Summary: Band QSOs Mults ------------------- 80: 186 44 40: 185 46 20: 104 28 15: 47 12 10: 3 2 ------------------- Total: 525 132 Total Score = 69,300 Club: Tennessee Contest Group Team: TCG #1 Comments: Had a great time. Thanks to NCJ for putting on a fun RTTY contest, and thanks to all for the Qs. Only my second contest using SO2R so please forgive my errors and delays. Lots of new calls and nice to hear the old ones too! I believe this raw score is a personal best. Wished I had better antennas for the high bands. Pretty much worked everything that I could hear. Did not have the ability to switch antennas between rigs so I am sure I missed out especially on 15/10. Need also to continue improvements in filtering and automation. 73 Brad WF7T Nashville, TN --- IC-7600/FT-857D, 100W [email protected]', 40x50' Inv. L N1MM v11.2.6, YCCC SO2R+
Some additional station notes:
- Need to implement more flexible switching of antennas. Had the inverted L on the FT-857D but wished I had access to it on the IC-7600
- Need to setup FSK on the IC-7600. Played with the twin-peaking filter in RTTY mode the other day but it is not available in AFSK mode: the TPF is awesome!
- Need to spend time documenting the dual radio interference. The I.C.E. filters are working well, but need extra umph that some coaxial resonators will provide
- Need to do something for station automation for filter switching. I have the parts, just need to do it!
- I neglected to make Push/Pop macros for N1MM…could have used them on 40/80M
- I experienced occasional issues with clicking and having info in wrong boxes: Especially difficult for call signs. Also, I seemed to sometimes get Radio A call sign in Radio B entry box…hated that when I logged the wrong one. Had to go back and correct a couple (one of which was just a hazy memory)
- Wished for gain on 10/15/20M pointed W (and during the next DX contest will wish for 0/15/20M pointed EU)